About This Course
The content of this course was correct on the date of the live broadcast 21.2.2021.
This recorded webinar provides an overview of what dental practices need to put in place to ensure that the environment is safe for both patients and staff.
Session 1 - Are your Decontamination Practices COVID Prepared?
- Introduction from the CSC Chair: Jimmy Walker
- Water, water everywhere, is any of it safe? Speaker: Elise Maynard
- Is HTM 0105 fit for purpose or is it time for an update? Speaker: John Prendergast
- Fallow times and ventilation, what is the evidence and guidance? Speaker: Prof Cath Noakes
- Panel Q&A Jimmy Walker
Session 2 - Is your Practice COVID Clean?
- Chair: John Prendergast
- Patient journey in the practice, is everyone safe? Speaker: Mrs Toni Batty
- Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, is my practice COVID clean? Speaker: Mary Henderson
- Controlling aerosols and droplets, how and when can we return to normal practice? Speaker: Jordan Tompkins
- Panel Q&A: John Prendergast
Session 3 - Is your Management Structure, Training and Compliance in Place?
- Chair: Tracey Walley
- My experience as a dental practitioner - guidance and PPE, was it worth it? Speaker: Kris Leeson
- Training, training, training, how good is your training? Speaker: Imran Suida, Simon Hearnshaw
- Management systems audits and compliance, what should you have in place? Speaker: Pat Langley
- Panel Q&A Tracey Walley
To provide an overview of what dental practices need to put in place to ensure that the environment is safe for both patients and staff.
- To demonstrate whether the physical environment e.g. water and ventilation in your practice is fit for purpose in recovering from the pandemic including aspects of HTM 01-05.
- To examine safe patient COVID pathways for your practice including what cleaning practises should be introduced and how to reduce aerosols exposure.
- To determine safe COVID working practices for the dental practitioner, what training needs to be implemented and development of management systems.