About This Course
This recorded webinar shares knowledge from aviation, medicine, dentistry and delivers relevant tips for dental practice, helping to minimise risk and deliver high quality patient care. It looks at real life stories, why mistakes happen and what to do when they occur.
- Prof Simon Wright MBE, Chair of the National Advisory Board for Human Factors in Dentistry
- Sue Boynton, Independent Dentolegal Consultant
- Mick Horton, GDP, Trustee of the College of General Dentistry and Past Dean of FGDP(UK)
- Tim Kane, Consultant Surgeon, Co director and founder of Practical Patient Safety Solutions providing medical human factors training to both healthcare professionals and medical negligence lawyers. Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors.
To develop a greater awareness of human factors and how being human influences patient safety, patient experience, and team effectiveness.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of human factors in day to day practice and performance
- Explore why things go wrong
- Discuss how human factors contribute to improved performance of individuals and the dental team