About This Course
The content of this course was correct on the date of the live broadcast 8.10.2020.
This recorded webinar looks at the challenges of managing the recent COVID pandemic.
Session 1 - Survival and transmission of COVID-19 -Chair: Val O’Brien
- Mark Garvey - Environmental and medical device decontamination – the new challenges
- Cath Noakes - Droplet vs aerosol transmission of Covid-19
- Jennie Wilson -General principles of transmission and infection prevention and control – how the science evolved
Session 2 - Human factors, guidance and communications - Chair: Jimmy Walker
- Colin Brown - PHE guidance: what went well and what lessons were learned
- Karen Tweed -Dealing with new guidance on reprocessing of single use PPE
- Brian Crook - Practicalities of reprocessing single use PPE and lessons learned for the future.
Session 3 - Estates and Facilities Challenges during COVID-19 - Chair: John Prendergast
- David Francis - Adding emergency capacity to the NHS – setting up a Nightingale Hospital
- Clive Morgan - The Dragon’s Heart Hospital: creating a surge hospital in Cardiff City Centre
- Jim Tinsdeall - Two plans, two outcomes!
To explore and examine:
- Survival and transmission of COVID-19
- Human factors, guidance and communications during COVID-19
- Estates and Facilities Challenges during COVID-19
On completion of this course you will understand the challenges of managing the recent COVID pandemic including evolving guidance and scientific views on the methods of transmission, changing advice on the use of PPE, decontamination advice for medical devices and emergency hospital planning.