Wales moves to Red Alert
From the CDO, Wales 23/03/2020
Provision of routine dentistry has been scaled back considerably in Wales over the past week. It is strongly advised, that people aged 70 or over, people with underlying medical conditions and pregnant women stay at home.
To support dental teams and communities in Wales, adhere to advice on staying at home and support social distancing, from today the required action is:
- Routine scheduled dentistry needs to cease for the time being.
- Aerosol generating procedures (AGP), that are being avoided should now stop.
- Dental team members who are pregnant or otherwise immunosuppressed should not provide or assist in the direct care or assessment of patients.
- Practices ands services can remain open (via a local rota and skeleton staff) and should make every effort to triage, advise and reassure patients who have a dental problem by telephone.
- Dentists can offer remote prescription, analgesics and antimicrobials by contacting local pharmacists.
- All dental treatment that can be should be delayed at present.